This nutty, slightly sweet soup is under 100 calories and gluten-free. It’s so satisfyingly healthy that it could even work as a meal by itself! It serves 8 people but can be decreased to serve 4 or even expanded for an appetizer at a party.
- 2 lg. fennel bulbs with their stalks, chopped
- 2 lg. leeks, diced
- 1 tbsp. of oregano leaves, fresh
- 3 c. of brewed green tea
- 3 c. of baby spinach, fresh
- 1 tsp. of orange zest
- ⅓ of ground pecans
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 lg. white onion, minced
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- ½ c. of non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. of orange juice, fresh
In a large frying pan, sauté the EVOO and white onion for about 5 minutes or until the onion is caramelized. Add in the chopped leeks and fennel and cook until soft, approximately 10 minutes.
Move the veggies to a food processor. Add in the oregano leaves, green tea, baby spinach, orange zest, ground pecans, sea salt, honey, Greek yogurt and orange juice. Blend on the pulse setting until the mixture is smooth.
Ladle the soup into each serving bowl. If desired, top each bowl with a couple of oregano leaves and a teaspoon of Greek yogurt.