- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of all spice
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- ¼ cup milk
- Half stick of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and allspice. Mix well and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, melt butter and then add in your pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry and combine. This will be thick which is exactly what you want.
- Spray your small casserole dish with just a little bit of non-stick spray and pour your pumpkin mixture in. I used an 8-inch round dish but you can use whatever you have on hand; just make sure it has high sides.
- Now to combine your topping mixture. Mix your sugar, brown sugar, and pecans together and sprinkle all of this on top of your pumpkin mixture.
- Now take your hot water and pour it right over the top of your mixture. I know you will be tempted to stir this but, don’t! This is what creates the “caramel” mixture on the bottom of your dish. Bake in your pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or until the center is set.
- Serve with extra pecans and ice cream!
Side Note: It’s best to put your dish on a baking sheet just in case there is an overflow of your mixture while it bakes.