We recently partnered with Randy DeCoudres of Manwell-DeCoudres Restaurant Group to create a unique cocktail mix made with smoke roasted pecans from South Georgia Pecan. The recipe for the smoke roasted pecans is below. To make the cocktail mix, just mix equal parts wasabi peas, Cheez-Its, pretzel sticks and pecans.
- 1 lb. South Georgia Pecan Halves
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Coriander
- Zest from one lime
- Zest from ½ a navel orange
- Mix all ingredients together except pecans.
- Place pecans in a bowl. Cover with hot water for 2 minutes. Strain thoroughly. Dry bowl.
- Return pecans to bowl. Add ¼ cup of seasoning to pecans.
- Mix thoroughly. Spread pecan mix on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Smoke at 300°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
To Make the Pecan Cocktail Mix from the Video
Just mix equal parts smoke roasted pecans, wasabi beans, pretzel sticks and Cheez-Its.